Friday 16 March 2012

Backyard Blitz - Part 3

There has been a lot of action going on at our place during the week.  We've had plumbers here on and off finally laying down the storm water pipes and getting drains to the curb.  It's so nice to finally have proper down pipes and not have pipes laying around on top of the ground, but actually being beneath the ground where they should be.

Kobe has loved having them here during the week and wanted to join in working with them.  Unfortunately little people don't really help when it comes to things like plumbing in confined spaces, so I kept telling him he had to stay out of the way. This was his reaction! Super cranky face! 

He decided he was going to help anyway, and just started digging away - showing his plumber crack and all!


He decided he was going to keep a good eye on them and went and go his binoculars.

This morning while I was at work the Design and Contruction class from Kings Meadows High School came to our house to deliver and put together a cubby house that they had built for the boys.  The boys loved the cubby that the old class had built for them a couple of years ago, and were so sad that we had to leave it at our old house.  Kobe has been talking about it for months telling everyone that he is getting a new cubby, so he was so excited when we got home today and the new cubby was in the back yard (waiting for the landscapers to come tomorrow to do something special with it).   Mum stayed last night and let them all come through this morning, and took photos for me.  












On Tuesday night we had about ten guys from the Tasmanian Landscapers Association (I think that is what it is called?) come to our house, to go over the plans that had been designed for our yard by Martin.   Each of them have been assigned to a different job to do.  One of them came and told me that his son went to school with Aaron and loved having him as a teacher.  Tomorrow morning we are having around sixteen (can you believe that!?!) professional landscapers come to do the whole yard by lunch time!   I can't thank Aaron's cousin Tracey and her daughter Jessi-Rose enough for getting the ball rolling, and wanting to help get it done.  I'm sure they probably didn't really know what they were in for when they approached Patrick to help out, but I'm so grateful that they did.

I'm blown away that this is actually happening, and can't believe it really is. We've almost been in our house for 17 months now, and it'll be a dream come true to actually have it finished. I never could've imagined that we would have a professionaly finished yard.  One of the landscapers came today and started mapping out the front yard which is a Japanese design. I'm blown away by the lovely things that Martin has included in the design, to include our family in it. 

I'm hoping the weather holds out for them tomorrow morning. I'm excited to see the changes take place.  I have such mixed emotions about it - so excited and happy that it's happening, but would give it all up just to have Aaron and Noah here with us.  I wish they were here to enjoy it with us.

9 comments:

  1. So excited for you Lisa! Can't wait to see the photos of the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping the good weather shows up for you. I have been thinking of you and think you are an amazing woman and am inspired by your strenght. love and hugs Carlinda xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you would love to have Aaron and Noah there to enjoy or even just to have them there and no yard. But think how grateful they are that so many people are willing to serve you and your boys. Remember those that give service receive the greater reward. I am just so glad that all this can be done for you by the wonderful people in your area. Most times it is harder to receive that give, but I would say that this is the time for you to receive. I hope I don't sound too preachy, but had followed you blog and am amazed at you and your family. I think that I say before that there are people all over the world that pray for you and send their love to you.
    I am but one and I live in Nevada. But I do care for you and your family.
    God Bless you and keep you safe. May the Lord pour out his tender mercies on behalf of your family.
    Love
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. can't wait to see the finished project. Lots of pictures, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! What an amazing project. Aaron and Noah will be smiling down on you I'm sure. Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited you would think that I was the one getting a new garden!! Sending you sunshine for tomorrow...from Cape Town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to see how it all turns out. That cubby looks like a ton of fun for your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cubby was my favorite part of this post! I think it's amazing that the students of the school would be so thoughtful as to center a project specifically on your boys. It says a lot about Aaron and the influence he'd had in their lives. How fun for the boys! Looking forward to seeing pix of the finished yard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what these good friends (new and old) are doing for you! And I know they will be richly blessed for it.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...