Tuesday 10 January 2012

Home sweet home

We hated leaving Bicheno today, but we are also glad to be home.   This morning I woke up at 4.20 am and for some reason I couldn't get back to sleep.  At 5.15 am Harri woke up as there were birds outside making a lot of noise and he wasn't sure what the noise was.  I told it was because the sun was coming up that the birds were starting to sing, and it just hit me...the sun was coming up! I told Harri to tell Aaron if he woke up that I was at the beach and Harri said 'taking photos?!' (he knows me well :)

I actually thought it would just be a nice chance to have some quiet time on my own, as literally haven't had any time alone since Noah passed away, and taking the camera would be a bonus. So much for waiting till dark to see a penguin! All I had to do was get up at sunrise as there was a baby penguin in the carpark!  My camera settings weren't right and I had to run over and quickly snap it before it took off in the bushes, so the photo is a bit blurry.

At 5.30 am the beach was so beautiful, quiet and relaxing. It was absolutely incredible sitting on the rocks watching the moon disapper and the sunrise.




I spent over an hour there huddled under a blanket as it was a little bit fresh, but it was so worth it to see such a beautiful sunrise.  It was so nice to have some time alone, to just think about the last few months.  I actually looked at photos and videos of Noah on my phone and had a little cry, but it was a 'good cry' where I just felt so lucky to have been able to love and care for him for ten amazing years. 


When I got back to the shack (Aaron was still asleep and had no clue I had even gone until about 8.30 am!) I got a text from Konnie who was down in Coles Bay with the family, while they are holidaying in Tassie for a couple of weeks.  We knew we missed seeing them in Launceston, so were so glad that they were able to drive up to see us at Bicheno with Uncle Howard and Auntie Marilyn, before we left today.   We all met at the Blowhole and had a lovely time catching up.

The kids didn't know each other at all, but it was so nice to see them having such a good time together.


Harri was asking me how come he didn't know his cousins and I told him how when Konnie and I were little we were like him and his cousins like Chloe, Kelsea and Maddi etc.  We used to see each other a lot and stay at each others houses and have Christmas together. Then we grew up and everyone moved to different places and had their own families, so we don't get to see each other as often anymore.    He then said 'when I'm grown up I'll probably be too busy to see my cousins all the time'.  I hope he isn't and although my cousins and family aren't all living close by anymore, it's still so lovely to catch up from time to time.


Of course Jalen is shorter than Josh even though he is older :)

It was so lovely to see them and a nice way to finish off our time at Bicheno.  We look forward to catching up with them in June when we head up their way :)


6 comments:

  1. I love the photos especially the second one. That time of day is so special, there is something about the beach too, I love it! I'm so glad you had a lovely time away together. I'm sure Noah was there with you all too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such BEAUTIFUL pictures Lisa. Such a beautiful place. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are just stunning Lisa ... what a beautiful place to sit and meditate. We are so blessed with all the beautiful things that Heavenly Father creates. Such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those pictures are priceles... I'm glad you were able to have some quiet time with your thoughts. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad you captured that sunset to share, Heavenly Father is so kind to us x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is even more breathtaking in the real hey Lisa???
    i have been in all those places and i agree ..my favorite of all place to go is Bicheno.....the moon going down and the sun coming up ...over the beach and the rocks wiht the sea as the backdrop....just gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...