Monday 27 June 2011

It's my birthday...

and I'll sleep if I want to!

In true Noah style, he pretty much slept his entire 10th birthday away. I'm not surprised as he did the same thing last year, but some days he is awake more than others so I was hoping he was going to be a bit more awake today.

Aaron's parents came to visit after lunch and Noah woke up just before they left and got to see what present they bought him before they left. 

Later in the afternoon all of my family came for tea (except Chrish).   We made it our 'monthly' family tea even though we have seen the family three times already this month! Aaron made Noah's cake this afternoon which was really yummy.

So yummy that Kobe got it everywhere - including all over his nice white teddy! 

It was also Dad's 59th birthday.  I always feel sorry for Dad as he gets a bit forgotten since Noah has celebrated the same birthday for the past ten years.  He doesn't seem to mind though.

It's nice having a bigger house now and having everyone over for tea. 

 
Noah woke up very briefly, so we quickly tried to open the presents before he dozed off again.

We got through a few of them before he decided he had been awake long enough, and went back to sleep! 


He did actually wake up again so we could have the cake and blow out the candles.


Later in the night we saw Jay watching the video clip I made for Noah's birthday on the computer. 
He had tears streaming down his cheeks as he watched it and he came over to me later for a hug.  The rest of the night he just laid down next to Noah, wanting to spend some more time with him.

Noah has been with us for so long now that you just forget how amazing it is that he is still here with us.  I think the clip just reminded Jay that we aren't sure how many more birthdays we will get to celebrate with him.   We hope there are many, many more (and hopefully he will be more awake next year!).

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Lisa.

    I last few comments and accompanying photo were moving. Good on you Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday Noah. At least he was awake for the good bits - the presents and cake!! That last photo of Jay and Noah is priceless. xx What an amazing journey you guys are on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I'm crying... I sure love your little Noah, and the way you all love him with your hearts and souls. Give your birthday boy a big squeeze and smooch from me. That last picture is a treasure... I so understand...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay is starting to get a grown up look about him. He will be a great comfort to you guys in your life to come I can tell. What a sweet family you have. Family are Blessings we sometimes take for granted.
    when you add 10 and forever it is the longest time. Jenni Kift

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture...there are no words. It has me in tears! I love your boy. I love that he has reached TEN! What a milestone!!!! Happy birthday sweet Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is no party animal, that is for sure.
    Jae is an exceptional brother, and Noah and he will always have that special relationship.
    Love Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 10th birthday, Noah. I understand how much of a miracle Noah's life is (and how hard) as our (foster)child was not supposed to see her first birthday, but so far has made it to 8 1/2 years old. Today I held her in the spa, while she slept in my arms; lately she has been sleeping up to 20 hours at a time, and wondered what tomorrow, and all the other tomorrows will bring. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Party Animal Noah...
    Maybe next year he will surprise the lot of ya and stay awake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that last photo of Jay and Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading about your family Lisa. You are all special and I think Jay is such a wonderful big brother to all the boys! What a softie. He reminds of a bit of Peter (from what I hear about him as a child)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, I love that last photo too, so precious and deeply moving. I love all the photos though. Noah is so gorgeous sleeping his special day away. You guys are such a wonderful family. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...