Sunday 23 November 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like..

I couldn't wait any longer! Years ago we used to put up our Christmas tree on the 1st of December. A few years ago Aaron got sick of me bugging him to put up our tree earlier, and we decided that we would start putting it up on the last Saturday in November, after the Christmas parade.

I wanted to put it up a week ago, but thought we should at least hang out until towards the end of November, so today after church we decided to put it up. Aaron did the usual and made a Christmas mix of music. Aaron has a secret love of any sort of Christmas music ranging from Harry Connick Jr to Hanson (although he hates the Christmas CDs that I like including Jewel and Mariah Carey!), and every year without fail he makes up a new mix to play while we are putting the tree up, and even listens to on his ipod as he walks to work!

The boys had a great time rummaging through all the Christmas decorations, while they waited for me to put up the lights first.

Aaron calls me the 'tree nazi' as I'm very particular about the tree and which decorations go where. The poor boys are told to put all their homemade decorations at the back and I rearrange everything when they aren't looking!

Aaron no longer touches the tree as he knows everything he puts on is going to be moved anyway, but puts up lights outside the house, and all the other things up around the house.



Kobe slept through the first half and when he got up was very excited to see lots of action going on. He occupied himself by rolling around in the ribbons all afternoon.

Harri got bored after the first 15 minutes and then kept asking when it was time to put the star on. He decided to go on strike and just sat down saying 'I'm sick!' (anytime he doesn't want to do anything, he all of a sudden feels very sick!).

He finally gave in and helped to finish it off, so he could put the star on.


Now we can really start getting into Christmas. It all starts next Saturday with the Christmas parade, then it seems like there is something on every week until Christmas. Can't wait!

12 comments:

  1. Christmas music is awesome, as long as it is somewhat upbeat, unlike the Jewel CD. Mariah is alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you are early, Christmas doesn't start in our house until after my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely Lisa! Bring on Christmas I say! Keep an eye out for Patrick in the Scouts float at the parade next week. Mariah??? I'd rather listen to the "Tin Lids" and "Hi 5" singing Christmas songs ALL year than one Mariah song aghhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you for gettig your tree and decorations up - they look great. If I had my way we would already have our decorations up. Christmas comes and goes so fast these days we need to make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You guys seem to be putting it up earlier and earlier each year. So how do you decide when it goes up? Maybe you should start a tradition that it goes up on your anniversary date. The Mariah Carey christmas album is the best! I have such fond memories of listening to it traveling with the Youngs to go and plant tulip bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two daughters are a disgrace,thinkink Mariah Carey and Christmas go together, It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. That's it .I'll have to get Josh Groban out and for an encore your allltime favourite. John Denver and The Muppets. Love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last photo!!! Love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. In reply to your comment on my blog!! I have about as much chance of it being me and you do of it being you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we have to hold off till the first saturday in december....you have some really nice decorations tho...no wonder you want to get them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I realise why us boys used to sit bacn and watch now, it wasn't being lazy, it was you and mum deciding what went where

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to put ours up - always the 1st Dec for us!! I'm excited to see everyones Christmas trees on their blogs this year! Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...